Theme 2018: The Comfort of Users in Autonomous Cars
As part of the EIW 2018 (ESTACA International Week) International Meetings were held in Laval from March 19th to the 23rd between ESTACA and its foreign partners. This year the campus has welcomed fifty representatives of companies and universities from all over the world.
Twenty conferences and workshops were offered from March 21st to the 23rd on the technological and industrial issues of transport and mobility on a worldwide scale. Research professors, PhD students and foreign or French industrialists have exchanged information on the topics of user comfort in autonomous transport, intelligence and connected vehicles, composite materials, air quality, design, etc.
ESTACA students carried out a presentation session of their research as part of the IPARWF/PIRATE projects (Initiation Project for Applied Research in Work Framed). While at the same time, the teachers-researchers of the partner universities presented their work in progress.
During the "teaching days" that was organized on 19th and 20th of March, 45 hours of classes were given in English by nine university speakers to students, on topics such as "autonomous functions in mobility systems" or "engineering system products ".
An International conference with the European House has also been organized for the benefit of engineering students on semester exchanges with foreign universities.
The Ministry of Higher Education has awarded this event with «EHEA Paris 2018» (European Higher Education Area) label on the same year anniversary of the Bologna Process, to institutions that cultivate and promote a European vision of higher education.
Among the partners of ESTACA that were present:
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
- University of Wrocław, Poland
- Manipal University Jaipur, India
- Gendarmerie and Coast Guard Academy, Turkey
- Akademia Górniczo-Hutnicza Krakowie, Poland
- Hochschule Emden/Leer, Germany
- Cranfield University, United Kingdom
- HAW Hamburg, Germany
- Akdeniz University International, Turkey
- Sakarya University, Turkey
- Houari Boumediene University, Algeria
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanna (EPFL), Switzeland
- Toyama College, Japan
- Issia-cnr, Italy
- Lorraine University, France
- Design school
- Laval virtual,